Saturday, June 13, 2009

blog temporarily out of service

who knew that maintaining this blog would be so much work? well, maybe work isn't the right word. in any event, i haven't updated my blog lately because i have been feeling uninspired and unoriginal. the most difficult part is originality. i have to admit to you now that all of my stories about being a gay boy with OCD growing up in north carolina were stolen from david sedaris. i considered writing a parenting guide - but my entire collection of ideas was written and released already by the authors of The Three Martini Playdate and Confessions of a Slacker Mom. most recently, i am left feeling unoriginal by The Underachiever's Manifesto - a book of mottos that mirror my own, like "It's a simple fact of life that your successes and failures really don't matter to nearly everybody alive." let's face it - i can't say it any better than that.
and so i wait not-so-patiently to be reminded of another randy joe story or for someone to piss me off at the grocery store or to make an ass of myself (which i am overdue for) so that i can call myself a blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment