Saturday, April 25, 2009

the principal's office

i was called to the principal's office on friday because apparently there was some concern over what my seven-year-old son mac had written on his florida standardized writing test. at the risk of boring you, i have decided to share the writing in its entirety with you. my only comment is that i find it sad and yet somehow still amusing.

Instructions: Everyone likes to play outside. Write about something you like to play outside.

Mac's response:

I just sit and do nothing. I barly go outside because yesterday I ate dinner at 3:00 in the afternoon because of baseball. thats why I don't play outside is because of baseball. Grrr. It makes me angry. I never ever, ever, ever go outside. Aw man. This makes me so Angry. I can't write - Ok? Alright. But I shoud not go to baseball and...... Oh I can't take it Anymore.

(the remaining 30 or so lines of the paper are left blank)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like we have a future blogger on our hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you said it best becky when you said "the boy doesn't like ball."

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny. mac has crystallized the way I feel about baseball season (and, not to be sexist, softball season), almost perfectly. Lee C.

    ReplyDelete