Saturday, May 30, 2009

half-drunk and blind in one eye

you remember my dad, randy joe, right? well, in addition to liking "sweet milk" (which is just another way of saying milk - i suppose it is to be distinguished from buttermilk?), he also likes lord calvert combined with caffeine-free diet coke. actually, on occasion (and by ocassion, i mean every afternoon) he likes several of those, back to back. on one such occasion, we had gotten together with a group of friends from college and one of my friends challenged my dad to a game of pool. my dad, who was beating my friend at this game pretty severely at this point, says "i'm whippin' your ass and i'm half-drunk." my friend responds "oh i guess next your going to tell me your blind in one eye." this story might not seem funny but as it turns out, (and unbeknownst to my friend) my dad is actually blind in one eye as a result of a really high fever as a child. fortunately for my friend, my dad was a little more than half-drunk and really didn't take offense - not that he would have anyway, especially since it clearly has not interfered with drinking or pool-playing skills.

1 comment:

  1. you need a thumbs up icon on these comments that we can click. Consider it clicked.

    ReplyDelete